This is a pair of higher-grade Soviet Swiss mechanisms originating from the approximate 50's - 70's. It is a larger size and sits easily on the sleeve - it is streamlined and ergonomic with the arm. The square shape is flush with the cuff, and the polished "GENEVA STRIPES" run horizontally along the watch, making the mechanism appear more in-line with the arm.
These have been plated today in a warm 18K Rose Gold.
- Circa 1950's - 70's.
- 19mm x 15mm
- Bevelled wheels and gears.
- 18K Rose Gold Plating.
- Silver soldered.
- '16 камни' (16 'stones' - jewels). Jewels are ruby bearing-points inset by the watchmaker to reduce friction caused by the movement of rotating gears.
- "GENEVA STRIPES" - notice the striped lines of polishing running horizontally along the watch. A Swiss decorative technique that is commonly used for enhancing aesthetics.
- In our Cufflinks range, the same watch mechanism will be used, and will only vary ever so slightly between each unique piece.
- Each piece comes with a box, gift-wrapped and also with a card detailing the watch mechanism's origin and history.