or make 4 interest-free payments of $55.00 AUD fortnightly with More info
From the 80's of old Japan, this pair is a classic example of a raw, industrially Japanese aesthetic. Functional in form yet subtly refined, it is complete in package - branded and polished, with a horizontal shape that gives any sleeve a sharper, sleeker feel...
- Circa 1980's, Seiko, Japan.
- 20mm x 9.5mm.
- Originating from a ladies watch due to its longer, narrow shape (most commonly made for ladies back in the day!).
- Futurist and modern in aesthetic.
- "GOLD CHATONS" - some Ruby Jewels are set into a "Gold Chaton", which is a ring of gold that 'cushions' the ruby, due to the softer nature of gold material. Notice the two Rubies in the watch movement that have a "Gold Chaton". The mix of craft and engineering is beautiful to behold, as all this is invisible to the regular person...
- 17 Jewels (Rubies). Jewels are ruby bearing-points inset by the watchmaker to reduce friction caused by the movement of rotating gears.
- In our Cufflinks range, the same watch mechanism will be used, and will only vary ever so slightly between each unique piece.
- Each piece comes with a box, gift-wrapped and also with a card detailing the watch mechanism's origin and history.