The PORSCHE 901. Rebuilt, re-thought, re-birthed from the chassis of a classic Porsche 911, this wristwatch is the epitome of creative passion and fearless experimentation from the Danish duo. Crafted in Denmark, obsolete 911's from the air-cooled era are carefully attended to, and the best remaining parts of the wreck, used as the dials.
With the shoulder-line of the iconic silhouette, and the grill from the rear, the purest essence has been translated. Our favourite is the original wheel design by Otto Fuchs at the rear of the watch, and the drilled brake-disc rotor of the automatic movement, displayed through 5 panels of sapphire crystal... Insane details!
The '901' was the original name of the model before Peugeot had sued Porsche. Peugeot had licensed any model name with the 3 numbers, and specifically 0 in the middle - for example 306, 408, and 901. By that time, Porsche had already manufactured the badges for their cars, and cleverly decided to 'overuse' the number '1', twice. Now the 911 is concrete in the minds of motor enthusiasts around the world. We think it's more catchy anyway!
- Recycled from a classic, Porsche 911.
- Unique face, every watch being visibly unique.
- Annual-calendar function, with power reserve. Displaying Day, Date and Month.
- VIN number plaque on left side of the watch!
- Unique orange colour has been matched to the original decals of a classic 911.
- Clear see-through caseback. Inspired by the original 911 rims designed by Otto Fuchs.
- Superluminova on hands & indices - glow in the dark! (After prolonged exposure to light during the day.)
- Automatic self-winding movement - using the super 9100 Japanese Miyota, with 26 Ruby Jewels. The rotor on the movement is decorated to resemble the drilled brake discs of the classic 911's.
- Solid 316L Stainless Steel Case - Brushed side + Polished bezel.
- Sapphire Crystal Glass with Anti-Reflecting (AR) Coating (Scratch Proof!)
- All about the details - the seconds indices around the outer dial is written in the iconic Porsche font. The Power Reserve Disc at 12o'clock is created resemble the fuel and oil gauge of early 911's.
- 44mm Diameter.
- 13mm Height.
- 37mm Opening Diameter.
- 24mm Strap Width.
- 110 Grams Weight.
- 'QUICK-RELEASE' Watch Strap. A tiny toggle on the back of the strap allows you to swap and interchange Watch Straps instantly and on the fly.
- 3 ATM - 30 Metres Water Resistance.
- Handcrafted crannied black calf leather strap, with orange stitching - (easily changeable).
THE 901 MODEL
- All REC Porsche 901 Watches come with a unique Story Card with a built in NFC-chip and QR Code. When this card is scanned it links directly to a video that tells the story of the specific salvaged Classic Porsche that became your watch!
- 24 Month Full Warranty.
- Free Insured Delivery.