Recover - Recycle - Reclaim : The 'RJM' RAF Supermarine SPITFIRE Mark IX
"In the Spring of 1945, a Spitfire crash-landed during a dogfight with only 29-hours on the airframe..."
This specific fighter was built in the Summer of 1944, in Castle Bromwich. By boat, it was delivered to a Soviet-Russian squadron, in Murmansk, being part of the Allie-Forces 'lend-lease' program. Approximately 1,118 Spitfires were delivered.
The British RAF 'Roundel' was then painted over with the signature Soviet army-green, and then applied was a distinctive Red Star. A nicknamed developed for these fighters... 'The Russian Spitfire'
Recovered by an unnamed Russian farmer on the Russian tundra, who stored the plane for many years after the plane had crashed.
Serial No. 'PT879' currently is under reconstruction and ownership of U.K. pilot Peter Teichman, who took over this plane and is working on a 20-year restoration.
The name 'RJM' that the watch is named, stands for Reginald Joseph Mitchell, the original developer of the iconic fighter...
A little slice of world history, on the wrist!
- Up-cycled from the aluminium of 'Russian Spitfire' Serial No. PT879
- The metal of the plane surrounds the date-window... A peak into its past, and its legendary history!
- Unique metal, every piece.
- Date function, on a stealth matte-black dial
- Long, sweeping, white-tipped seconds-hand
- 'Broad Arrow' at 12 o'clock, to mark the British Ministry of Defence
- 24-jewel, 40-hour power reserve, super-efficient and finely finished 'Cote de Geneve' Miyota 9015 Automatic movement. Rotor decoration resembles the riveted-panels of the chassis...
- 40mm, stainless steel case, with a myriad of brushed and polished details
- The ever-iconic propellor-nose design has been transcended into the crown
- Sapphire-Crystal front and rear, Anti-Reflective coated
- 'Superluminova' luminescence, with 'sandwich' dial
- Automatic/self-winding movement - using the super 9100 Japanese Miyota, inlayed with 26 Ruby Jewels. The rotor on the movement is finished to resemble the drilled brake discs of the motorsport realm.
- 40mm Diameter
- 11.5mm Thick
- 20mm Lug Width
- 'QUICK-RELEASE' watch-strap. A tiny notch on the back of the strap allows you to swap and interchange straps on-the-fly.
- (PLEASE NOTE: Leather strap within the images is currently out-of-stock, please allow for a differing leather strap. Alternatively, we may source straps for you, upon inquiry!)
- 3 ATM - 30 Metres Water Resistance.
- Handcrafted black leather strap. Stylised buckle to match.
THE RJM SPITFIRE
- All Spitfire Watches come with a Story Card with a built in NFC-chip and QR Code. Scanning this card will link you directly to a video showing the original Spitfire!
- 24 Month Full Warranty.
- Free Insured Delivery.