A refined touch - high-grade Soviet Union movement, circa 1960's, with a beautifully machined "GENEVA STRIPES" polishing. It sits across the tie, streamlining the direction of the bar - a statement without overtness. The neutral polished silver finish blends in with most colours you'd wear.
THIS TIE CLIP
- Circa 1950's - 70's.
- Silver soldered.
- 19mm mechanism length / 41mm overall tie-clip length.
- Utilising a rectangular Russian movement with Swiss elements, with 16 ruby jewels and originating from the 1960's. Jewels are ruby bearing-points inset by the watchmaker to reduce friction caused by the movement of rotating gears.
- "GENEVA STRIPES" - notice the striped lines of polishing running horizontally along the watch? That's a specialised Swiss decorative technique that is commonly used for enhancing the aesthetics, and to indicate a higher-grade watch!
OUR TIE CLIPS
- In our Tie Clips range, the same watch mechanism will be used, and will only vary ever so slightly between each unique piece.
- Each piece comes with a box, gift-wrapped and also with a card detailing the watch mechanism's origin and history.