The Culturalist - 9 Karat Gold Ring
by AHW Studio
Our Culturalist is a solid 9 karat gold ring, formed from our 'Mark II' design. Laden with Russian Cyrillic, it is the only ring possessing non-English markings.
The Culturalist has a keen eye for cultivation, and a curation, of a copious collection of colonies and cliques, and their colloquialisms...
- The ring is crafted out of solid 9ct Gold.
- The rarest of the Soviet-era-produced movements of this size, typically 50's to early 70's, originally decorated with a Cote de Geneve, or Geneva Stripes, a Swiss finishing technique, seen present on communist-era Russian watches!
- Cyrillic 'заря', translates to 'dawn'.
- 14 x 19mm top face, excluding bezel.
- This high-grade movement retains between '16 камни'. The 'stones' in a watch are bearings inset by the watchmaker, to reduce mechanical friction caused by the constant movement of components.
- In our Ring range, the same watch mechanism will be used, and will only vary ever so slightly between each unique piece.
- Ring sizes are custom made to your order, please mention on checkout if your size isn't listed! Please allow 1-4 working days for us to hand-make your ring, although if urgent feel free to send us a message, we are happy to put your order in front.
- Each piece comes with a box, gift-wrapped and also with a card detailing the watch mechanism's origin and history.