or make 4 interest-free payments of $23.75 AUD fortnightly with More info
A high-grade Japanese 'automatic' mechanism from "SEIKO", hailing from the 1960's. This engine came from a 'self-winding' wristwatch, meaning that it was designed to automatically wind itself without the owner's own hands - a technology that only began in the 1920's. This is Japan's version, made in the Mid-20th Century - Clean and industrial, the 'cityscape' built up from the many layers shows a great sense of depth. The oscillating weight on the top moves-as-you-move... So if you give - You get back...
- Circa 1950's - 70's.
- Set with a pair of brass wings.
- Automatic mechanism actually turns, and swings with your movement!
- 17mm diamater (mechanism).
- Marked "SEIKO" Japan. '17 J', for Jewels
- Comes with a brass "LINK" chain.
- 17 Jewels (Rubies). Jewels are ruby bearing-points inset by the watchmaker to reduce friction caused by the movement of rotating gears.
- In our Pendants range, the same watch mechanism will be used, and will only vary ever so slightly between each unique piece.
- Each piece comes with a box, gift-wrapped and also with a card detailing the watch mechanism's origin and history.